(BATAVIA TOWNSHIP) – Authorities say a kerosene heater may have caused a fire Sunday at a Batavia Township home.
Bronson Fire Chief Scott Wilber says his department was called to 315 West Chicago Road at 1:50 Sunday morning. Firefighters arrived and found fire in the living room and dining room of the one story home.
The fire was finally extinguished. Damage estimates stand at $30,000 for the structure and approximately $10,000 for the contents. The lone occupant was able to get out of the house just before the fire department arrived.
(01-26-2022) Changes Proposed to Indiana’s Mail-In Ballots
(01-26-2022) Cold Temperatures Are Moving Into the Tri-State Region
(01-26-2022) Brown Joins Race for County Council
(01-25-2022) Meijer Providing FREE N95 Masks to Customers
(01-25-2022) Free Flu And COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Happening Wednesday
(01-25-2022) Snowmobile Accident Claims Life of Angola Man
(01-24-2022) Snowmobile Accident Claims Life of Angola Man
(01-24-2022) Bronson Issues Boil Water Advisory
(01-24-2022) Free Flu And COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Happening Wednesday
(01-24-2022) Tax Filing Season Officially Starts Monday
(01-24-2022) Indiana Lawmaker Proposes Lifetime Fishing Licenses
(01-24-2022) City of Bronson Issues Run Water Advisory
(01-24-2022) Mobile Home Destroyed in Saturday Morning Fire
(01-24-2022) Man Facing 15 Child Exploitation Charges